How to search for content WITHIN pages from a page tree

Miles Monty July 9, 2020

Hello, 

I have a page tree, with lots of children, and I'd like to be able to search for keywords from any page'content within the tree. 

I found a post saying that 'Confluence simply isn't built for this', but I find it hard to believe that it would be built without being able to search for page content (as opposed to page titles). 

I've tried the advanced search, but that only allows me to search for page titles. 

I've also tried using the Live Search and Page Tree Search macros, but neither allows me to search for page _content_. 

I feel like I'm missing something very obvious here! 

Cheers in advance for any help :) 

1 answer

1 vote
Manisha Kharga _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2020

Hi @Miles Monty 

To search the content from a page tree, please use the Page Tree Search macro.

Add the Page Tree Search macro to a page to provide users with a way to search for pages in a specific page hierarchy. 

Also, refer to this link https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-tree-search-macro-163938353.html for more details.

Thanks,
Manisha

Miles Monty July 14, 2020

Hi @Manisha Kharga _Appfire_ 

Thanks for the quick answer! 

The content of the child pages I'm searching for, mostly contain Jira filter query macros. The parent page is used to store a nicely presented changelog of each version's content.

When I use the page tree search macro on the parent page, even for single keywords like 'unity', the search still comes up blank. 

Is there further configuration that I'm missing for the page tree search? I've kept the search criteria as broad as possible, but I know there are many stories that are mentioned in the child pages with that keyword. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

Miles 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events