How to search for archived pages in the Cloud?

Sylvia Mader July 21, 2021

Dear all,

We are just testing the native archiving functionality in the cloud and I have started to archive pages.

Unfortunately, I cannot find them in the archived search function. There is only the option to include archived spaces, not to search for archived pages.

Is this something you are working on in the near future?

Any workaround how users can search for archived pages even if the full space has not been archived (only single pages)?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best,

Sylvie

1 answer

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2021

Hi @Sylvia Mader 

According to the documentation for archived pages: 

Archiving a page removes it from your page tree and stores it in the archive. Archived pages are excluded from quick search, advanced search, and analytics to keep those functions focused and relevant.

Find archived pages (see documentation)

To navigate to your space’s archive, scroll to the bottom of the page tree and select Archived pages

Regards, Dominic

Sylvia Mader July 22, 2021

Hi Dominic,

Thank you for your answer.

Where can I find the search function within archived pages? I can only see a list of archived pages ...

Best,

Sylvia

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2021

There is no search for archived pages.

You can use the Browser Search (CTRL+F / Command+F)

OK, I see.

Are you planning to include archived pages in the search function in the future?

Another question: when we archive a page, usually there are children (sub-pages) that need to be archived as well. However, the system does not give the option to include sub-pages. Actually it says that sub-pages are not included.

How can we make sure that all subpages (children) of a main page we would like to archive are also included in the archiving process?

Thank you very much for your help.

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2021

I don't think, that there is a plan to do a search for archived pages.

For your other question. This option is available in premium only:

Sylvia Mader July 26, 2021

Thank you Dominic. What does premium mean exactly?

I am not able to open the two links you sent me above.

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2021

Premium means there are some additional features, but it more expensive.

Perhaps, you can go on this page: https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/pricing 

Sylvia Mader July 26, 2021

This is great, thank you very much Dominic. Have a good day!

Dylan Moore April 8, 2024

PSA - you can now search archived pages via the advanced search function. Once in advanced search, click on more filters and select show archived content. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events