Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to return more than the first row in a Page Properties Report

Caitlin Barahimi January 7, 2022

I am trying to aggregate rows of data from multiple pages in confluence to a master page in confluence using Page Properties and Page Properties Report, but the master page with the Page Properties Report macro only displays the first row of information form the multiple pages with the Page Properties macro.

Is there a setting I am missing to pull in all of the data from the pages with the Page Properties macro onto the page with the Page Properties Report or a different macro I should be using?

7 answers

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2022

Hi @Caitlin Barahimi ,

The Page Properties/Page Properties Report macros collect one-row tables.

To collect multiple-row tables along with the source pages' metadata, you may need 3rd party apps. For example, we can suggest our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence add-on and its Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros.

Besides these handy pair of macros, you'll be able to filter, aggregate and visualize your tables as well as performing tabular calculations (including not only manually created Confluence tables but macro generated, for example, Jira Issues, Page Properties Report, Content Report Table, etc.).

1 vote
Richard Davies October 10, 2022

I feel your pain.  I'm trying to do the same thing.  I have a number of design pages, each of which have a table that contains a number of line items of technical debt associated with that design.

I want to have a parent page that summarises all this information in a single table.

1 vote
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2022

Hi there,

As this Community question mentions our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app, we are happy to introduce its new macro – Table Spreadsheet.

The macro allows you to work with fully functional Excel spreadsheets right in Confluence.

You’ll be able to use cells’ formulas, filters, conditional formatting, etc., create pivot tables and charts from the page view and edit mode.

The Table Spreadsheet macro is available for Cloud and Server/Data Center.

0 votes
Sayed Yusuf Daud October 11, 2023

Hello everyone, 
Has this feature request received any updates in the meantime? I am searching the web unsuccessfully. There have been some answers, but they seem to be missing the mark, which is:

The Page Properties/Page Properties Report macros collect MORE THAN one-row tables AND aggregating data from multiple pages

Thanks for any help that can be offered.

Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 11, 2023

Hi @Sayed Yusuf Daud ,

Unfortunately, there were no any updates yet.

0 votes
ronald_bergmann March 15, 2023

It would be so useful if this was finally possible. I get angry at Confluence everytime I encounter this limitation.

It should be a rather common case that you want to gether details from other pages to display them in some sort of overview. It's shitey that you can only have one row per page. Let's say I have one page per application and it lists all endpoints the app offers and I want to have a full report of all endpoints on some other page - I don't see how to do this with Confluence. I'd have to create a subpage for every enpoint ...

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2022

@Caitlin Barahimi welcome to the Atlassian community 

When you are adding page properties to a page and you add your table you need to make sure you set the tables heading styling is applied to the first column.  If you do not do this the it will only get the first roe.  You can learn more here: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-page-properties-macro/

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2022

Hi @Caitlin Barahimi 

The data over rows in the pages where you have page property macro will be included as column data in the page property report macro

Check for the macro configuration whether you have restricted the columns

Include just the labels if you are restricting the pages from where your page properties report has to pick up those tables

1.png

You could change how the columns can be shown in the macro configuration page

2.png

Thanks,
Pramodh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events