Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict users to delete an inline comment from other users

fbeck_br May 14, 2015

Suppose I have a document that was reviewed by some user using inline comments.

Other user for mistake deleted a comment instead of reply/resolve.

The comment has been lost! I cannot found it anywhere.

Should be possible to restrict that only the comment author can delete his own comment ?

1 answer

0 votes
Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2015

Hi Flavio,

Only users whose belong to confluence-administrators can delete comments.

If you have another group with the same permissions as confluence-administrators, they can delete comments as well.

Cheers,

fbeck_br May 18, 2015

for comments its oK, but I mean INLINE comment: https://blog.k15t.com/2015/02/confluence-5.7%3A-inline-comments-vs.-page-comments As you can see, any user can delete all inline comments (even it is from other users).

Guilherme Viana May 19, 2015

Hi Flavio, I've been doing some tests with Inline Comments, and users can't delete an Inline comment, just the author can delete it(or a confluence-administrator), but only if the comment doesn't has a reply. Thanks and regards Guilherme Viana

SRBR SE May 19, 2015

Hi Guilherme, The inline permission is the same of space/pages permission? I made a test and if I remove the option delete comment from Space tools, the option delete inside of Inline is not shown, but user can edit any comment. Should be possible set a different permission for inline?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events