How to restrict deletion of a file?

Thomas Bitschnau
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 28, 2017

We are handling certain files in our team with Confluence and I want to be sure these files can't be deleted.

Is there a way to restrict this for certain pages or whole spaces only?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tom Crespi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2017

<<Is there a way to restrict this for certain pages or whole spaces only?>>

Hey Thomas,

Manleen's suggstion works at a page level. For whole spaces, go into Permissions for the space and choose whom can delete by checking or unchecking the Attachments-Delete permission. 

And if you're watching the space or page, you can be notified of deleted attachments and if one is deleted, as long as you are using a version of Confluence that is 5.x (can't recall the point version) or greater, then you can restore it from Space Admin>Content Tools>Trash (in the pre-5.x days, restoring attachments was a quite difficult task.

Thomas Bitschnau
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 28, 2017

I didn't know of the Trash. This helps a lot. Thank you for your help!

1 vote
Manleen Johar August 28, 2017

You can apply restrcitions at page level. Click the restrict icon (restrict_icon.PNG) at the top of the page and specify the list of users who can view and edit the page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events