Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to restore an automatically deleted Page?

Hi everyone!

I recently found out that a page that I had been working on for quite some time was now apparently deleted due to inactivity, because there were no edits for the last four months.

It was a long term side project of mine and all my data was organised on the confluence page. I work on it from time to time, but now apparently everything is gone. 

Is there any way to restore a page in a case like this? If I remember correctly, the last time I did edits could not have been much longer than four months ago.

Many Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes

Sorry to hear about this @Martin Wunner 

If you are interested in preventing this from happening again in the future, check out Rewind Backups - it protects all of your Confluence data (Spaces, Pages, Attachments, Comments, etc.) from exactly these types of scenarios:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1228099/rewind-backups-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

0 votes
Srinatha T Atlassian Team Apr 20, 2022

Hi @Martin Wunner ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

You can try the steps mentioned in the below page. 

I hope the above info will help. Have a good day!

Thanks,

Srinath T 

Hi Srinath,

many thanks for your suggestion. However sadly this only works for pages that were deleted by myself. For pages that had been automatically deleted because of inactivity there is no such option.

Daniel Ebers Community Leader Aug 17, 2022

Hi @Martin Wunner

from a Confluence's perspective there is no such thing like a automatic deletion of pages. The best thing in cases like this is to speak to your "space admin" for the Confluence space or an administrator to check what is going on there.

I recently found out that a page that I had been working on for quite some time was now apparently deleted due to inactivity, because there were no edits for the last four months.

Unless you have some automatism in place it just sounds somebody from your company deleted something you would still need. Talk to them best to clarify.

Regards,
Daniel

Like Srinatha T likes this

Hi @Daniel Ebers , many thanks for your reply.

It was a free site that I used for a personal project. If there are no edits in 120 days, free sites apparently will be deleted automatically. The frustrating thing is that there is no warning or notification beforehand. The project was still a work in progress and I still needed the data, so it is very frustrating. If I knew about the automatic deletion, I would have just updated the site more frequently.

Best regards,

Martin

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events