How to restore a backup Confluence 5.9.6

Onno van der Straaten December 8, 2017

I am testing backup / restore of  a Confluence 5.9.6 instance. I created a fresh 5.9.6 installation and then performed a restore noticing that Confluence would no longer run. Confluence shows an error message in browser

NumberFormatException: For input string: "censehere"

censehere is most like short for licensehere so this seems to be a license issue of some sort that causes Confluence to no longer start.

I think I expected this to just work. It is a bit scary that restore is not working.

My backup / restore procedure always worked. I just dump the postgresql db and zip the home directory, attachments, confluence.cfg.xml. For restore the reverse.

What is the correct procedure for backup and restore? In Confluence 5.9.6.

screenshot-1.png

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2017

Hi Onno,

It sounds like you have the right idea but "something" happened with your PostgreSQL restore. Here is the doc for Confluence 5.9.x: Migrating Confluence Between Servers

I hope you are creating a staging environment so you can test an upgrade. Confluence 5.9.6 has passed End of Life and there are some great new features in the newer versions: Confluence 6.6 Release Notes

Thanks,

Ann

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events