How to render the content of a Confluence page including the Confluence page CSS and Javascript ?

Manu Sam January 23, 2013

Hello,

Im trying to get the contents of the Confluence page to another site using the JSON-RPC renderContent method. The below code return me most of the contents but some javascript functions are missing and CSS so some Confluence plugins are not working (Expand macro,Info macro).

Do you know how to fix this? Or is there another method to load the Confluence javascript and CSS ?

Also we did notice a character "�" getting displayed when the html code has an empty paragraph

' <p> </p>' . Do you also know why this occurs ?

Is this an encoding issue ? I checked my Confluence configuration and the Encoding s set to UTF-8.

Below is the code to call "renderContent" method

$.ajax({
			type: "POST",
			url: "http://samplehost.net/confluence/rpc/json-rpc/confluenceservice-v2/renderContent",
			data: ' [ "AIPAS", 32538632, "" ] ',
			contentType: "application/json; charset=utf-8",
			dataType: "json",
			success: function(data){
				$("#mydiv").html(data);
			},
			failure: function(errMsg){
				alert(errMsg);
			}
		});

2 answers

0 votes
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2013

I think you might be better off just doing a regular fetch of the page -- use the actual page URL:

jQuery.ajax({
    url : "/display/${space}/${mypage}?decorator=printable",
    success : function(result){
        do something with the result;
    }
  });

0 votes
Max Soldatjonok February 3, 2013

I have the same problem. I can not solve it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events