How to remove the Owned and Last updated by.

Robb.Heidelmeier
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 3, 2023

I am new to Confluence and took over created items under our training group.

Some of the content is set to public view and there is at the top an area that shows the owner and the person that last updated. Which is me. 

ESS head.png

Is there a way to have this removed or hid when on public view? So, people don't see my name. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2023

@Robb.Heidelmeier the owned and updated header information is an attribute that is built into the page and cannot be removed when a page is public. While other parts of the navigation are hidden or removed, knowing when a page was updated, by whom, and who owns it is part of the core experience - even when posted publicly.

Robb.Heidelmeier
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 6, 2023

Thank you Andy!!

James Eadie
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 22, 2024

I would disagree that for external viewer this is not part of the core experience. If I am  a client and after information for a product I do not care who last edited it.

Like # people like this
Gray, Martin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 4, 2024

I agree with James Eadie. I, as the author of a page, should have control over the experience that I want for the consumers of that page. Atlassian should be more concerned about the paying customers (many of which are page authors) experience with their product and less concerned about what my "customers" experience.

A compromise could be to allow the author to control how that information is presented, at the bottom of the page instead of the top, through a "hover" link, etc.

The header information feature, itself, is not what is in question here. The feature that is in question is that the page author is not allowed any control over the display of that page header. Is that a valuable feature of the tool? My vote is "no".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events