How to remove special character from article created.

Dinesh Pawar May 29, 2019

I have created one article in confluence, and by mistake I have added special character "|" in title.

when I open that article page it does not open that page it gives error

"

This page isn’t working

If the problem continues, contact the site owner.

HTTP ERROR 400"

Now I am unable to delete or edit the article. I believe special character "|" could be the reason for this.

Help me delete/edit that article.

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dinesh Pawar July 10, 2019

This worked perfectly, thank you so much!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2019

There's a clunky fix to this.  Let's say your Confluence is running on https://myconf/

If you go to https://myconf/pages/resumedraft.action?draftId=46727175 then you will be able to edit the page and remove the special character (which is likely to be the problem, as you have thought).  Note that the number is a random one from my Confluence and it is the ID of the page you want to edit.

You often won't know the page ID.  To get it, create a new page in the current space, and use the re-order pages function in space admin to move the broken page beneath it.

Now go to "user macros" and create one called something like "child ids", with the output set to none, and the following body code:

#foreach ($child in $content.children)  

$child.getIdAsString()
#end

For later versions of Confluence, you may need

<p>${child.title}: ${child.id}</p>
#end

Add this to the top level new page, and save the page, it will now give you the id of the page to use in the edit url.

Dinesh Pawar July 10, 2019

This worked perfectly, thank you so much!

0 votes
Fayaz Abdul November 15, 2019

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Please let me know, how to get all page ids with page names in that space, below i used to get page ids but only getting for child pages of that parent page.

## @noparams
<p>${child.title}: ${child.id}</p>
#end

Thanks,

Fayaz

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events