Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove duplicate rows from the Page Properties Report macro

Gunasekaran Subramanian April 30, 2019

I came up with a simple page properties report where I ended up with multiple duplicate rows where only one row has actual data and others are just a link to the confluence page. How to fix this one? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

page-prop-rpt.PNG

3 answers

3 votes
Thomas Bowskill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2020

Late to the party here, but this page is what I found when tearing my hair out with duplicate rows in a page properties report.

My use-case is a little bit more detailed, but essentially I have pages with multiple page properties macros, which I aggregate together in several different places. (screenshot below)

Turns out the problem was blindingly obvious -- I had table headers with the same name. Once I realised it, I just changed the name of the duplicated headers.

Hopefully this helps some other poor soul who has no creativity with table header names :)

ppr.PNG

Caroline C March 18, 2020

Hello @Thomas Bowskill 

Thanks a lot for the tip ! I had a similar problem and thanks to you, I fixed it rapidly.

Thanks !

Caroline

Like Thomas Bowskill likes this
Carl Jakob Schmidt July 25, 2022

Thanks for the input!

I had a similar issue where I had two different page property sections and both included table headers with two merged rows.
I.e., the header column was merged, but the value column was still present as two separate rows and in either page property section the second value row was empty.

As a result, I got multiple duplicate entries in the report macro.

I was able to solve this issue, by entering some text in the second row in one of the page property section.

I guess that merged table headers are not a very good idea to use with the page property macros (the second value row will no be displayed in the report anyway).

0 votes
Roelof Jan Vreeling July 27, 2020

Hi Guys,

I have a similar problem with a page property report (since this week). I followed all your tips and tricks but it does not work. 

• What did you get from the Preview in the "Page properties report" macro?
  • How do you collect the page properties? The same way as I do with labels or with other filters? 
  • Do you search the page properties in other spaces to? 
  • Did you tried to change the labelname? 

In the preview page the whole page property report is visible;

I collect the page properties by label and unique ID;

No, i renamed all the labels + ID's to specify;

I changed the label name + ID name

I tried It in different confluence pages from different companies (some are ok, some are not oke)

If I make a export to pdf, the property report is complete, but the view in confluence is not complete with all the information.

Anyone any ideas? Is this a confluence update that I missed? Or just a BUG?

Thanks!

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2019

Hi @Gunasekaran Subramanian 

Is there a possibility, that there are pages with the exact same "DPG GF Migration #" ? Can you rule it out? 

Do you have the same issue, if you create the page properties macro in another page? 

Could it be some caching issues? --> There I do not have deep know how.

Gunasekaran Subramanian May 1, 2019

Hi @Dominic Lagger 

Thank you for the suggestion. I just mentioned 'DPG GF Migration #' as the title name. I do not have any other pages having it.

I tried it in IE and Firefox as well and have the same result - after clearing the browser cache as well. Found the same result in my colleague's machines as well.

I tried changing the name of the page and tried the page properties report in a new page as well. Everywhere I got the same result. Please refer the screen shot which i tried on another page - below.

Appreciate your help!

page_prop_rpt_new.PNG

Thanks,

Guna

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2019

Hi Guna

This is very very strange. 

I built everything up the way you described it to me. This is the result:

This is the page with the "Page properties" macro

page1.png

This is the page with the "Page properties report" macropage2.png

And this is the preview of the "Page properties report" macropage3.png

Possible next steps

• What did you get from the Preview in the "Page properties report" macro?
  • How do you collect the page properties? The same way as I do with labels or with other filters? 
  • Do you search the page properties in other spaces to? 
  • Did you tried to change the labelname? 

Perhaps the answer of these questions may help and takes us further. 

Like Gunasekaran Subramanian likes this
Gunasekaran Subramanian May 6, 2019

Hi @Dominic Lagger :

Thanks much for the details. From the beginning i missed to mention one point. Apologies for that. I have manually added the section on a page and it worked as a charm! The problem I am facing is on the templates. 

I have created the page via 'create from template'.

create from template.PNG

Upon saving the page and adding the label, the page properties macro gave me the below:

page_prop_macro.PNG

I have around 5 sections on the template and around 10 page properties, section and column macros used within them. Please refer the sample below.

template sample.PNG

Hope this helps to drill down the issue.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Guna

Gunasekaran Subramanian May 6, 2019

Hi @Dominic Lagger :

I have fixed the issue. 

Earlier I tried without any property id or added property id of all page properties.

Now I just kept the property id of the summary section which I wanted to have it in the page property macro and it fixed the issue.

A very simple thing which I kept missed out.

Your inputs are very much valuable and it helped me to dig the issue. Appreciate your help!!

Thanks,

Guna

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2019

Hi Guna

That are are news! I'm happy it worked out now.

You are welcome! 

Dominic

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events