How to reference business rules text and show the business rule text in multiple places

darren.davie
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 4, 2020

I wish to write the business rules once all on one page and reference them in different user flows to show where they are being applied. I don't want to just see a reference but the actual text so when reading the user flow a person does not have to navigate to the business rule to read and understand what rule is being applied.

It seems excerpt macros are not useful as you can't reference each specific business rule on  the one page and even when you try and put an Excerpt in the user flow it lists the title of the page which makes the text busy.

Any ideas on how I can achieve this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2020

@darren.davie have you looked at MultiExcerpt from the guys at Artemis Software? It might help with your use case.

All the best

James

darren.davie
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 11, 2020

Thanks James

Your reply is very helpful. That looks like exactly what I am looking for.  I will see if I can get that approved in our business to use.

Just stating my assumption - what I am wanting to do requires a paid plugin and cannot be done with standard offering Jira components.  If anyone does know of a standard way please add to this post. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events