How to recover deleted space

Deleted user June 3, 2018

Hi

We tried to remove the shortcut in a space but accidently deleted the entire space, is it possible to recover?

5 answers

4 votes
Victoria Markova February 14, 2022

Hi! I had the similar problem and I know how to solve this one.
Go to the Settings, then ⇾ SecuritySpace Permissions
Here you will see all spaces. Find a deleted space in the list, look at the Operations column, and click Recover Permissions button. Click OK.
The space should be restored :)

Victoria Markova April 20, 2022

Note: After restoring the space, check the space access permissions, they may change.

1 vote
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2018

Hi @[deleted],

The only solution is to restore from backup.

Here is the related article; https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/can-i-restore-a-recently-deleted-page-or-space-180295253.html

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2018

Yes, but if they have taken the backup of Confluence before deleting space otherwise it will not possible.

Brian Reinhold April 18, 2022

I have never seen such bad documentation.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2018

If you delete a page you can restore a page from space trash, but it says when you delete a page that that operation is unrecoverable. You need to go to your backups to get the space back.

0 votes
EPS Software Engineering AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2018

Hi,

• Setup a new Confluence.
  • Restore your backup.
  • Export the space (the one which was deleted).
  • Import the space into your production Confluence.

Like this you keep your changes made in your production Confluence.

Regards,
Stephan

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2018

@[deleted] welcome to the community!

As far I know In Atlassian products there is no way to recover anything once you deleted hence before deleting anything it will confirm once again is that we want to delete.

Hence the Atlassian provides us like we can associate/unassociated the particular scheme when we don't want to use.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events