Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover data from a deleted space?

Argie Rincón August 2, 2022

I noticed that confluence was updated recently. After that update, I couldn't access to my space https://bloozdevs.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/BZS/overview 

That space was created in the previous version of confluence, there I had several pages created with relevant information about my work team and the processes we handle. I tried to access the pages of that space but it redirects me to a 404 page.

image.png

I'd like to know how can I recover that important data from that space, specifically from the Blooz SaaS Home - Flujo Jira in Blooz SaaS page please!
Or is there any way I can get that space back?
I hope you can help me.

1 answer

1 vote
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2022

Hi @Argie Rincón ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

Unfortunately delete a space is a permanent operation and there are no way to recover it https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/delete-a-space/

Fabio

Hi Fabio, thanks for your answer.
The documentation says "Only someone with space admin permissions for the space can delete it", however no admin deleted the space, the space was deleted or disappeared after the update that was in confluence.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2022

I'm afraid it has to have been an admin who did this.  Changes to Cloud systems do not run any of the code behind the "delete space" buttons admins have.

For what it's worth, Confluence Cloud is updated frequently, usually 4-6 weeks apart, but even more frequently if bugs or security holes are seen.  If your deletion were caused by an upgrade, tens of thousands of people would have been affected.  You're the first person reporting it.

Thanks for taking the time to reply Nic.
We are only 2 administrators and neither deleted the space. After the update of the interface of the wiki of the spaces was what happened, first it could not be accessed due to a payment plan issue and now I wanted to send you a screenshot of that view to see how to solve it and I find that the view already does not ask me for a payment plan but sends me to a 404 page. :(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2022

Ah, hang on, the payment plan issue could be it. 

If you've not renewed, then Atlassian will eventually shut down the site.  It's not a "delete", or an update problem, it's "can not access because it is not running"

You will need to go to my.atlassian.com and update the subscription.

Argie Rincón August 3, 2022

Oh I see, thanks for your answer Nic. I will try it. I hope it can solve the problem.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events