How to re-use already uploaded images or files with the new editor?

Volker Jakob April 19, 2021

We've migrated from an Server instance to cloud. That has worked without any bigger problems. As the old content uses the old editor, working with these migrated content was the same as before.

With some content we've started to convert them to the new editor. By re-arranging content within a page we're missing the possibility to add already uploaded images or files to the page. These files are still attached to the corresponding pages but it seems that there's no functionality to access them for re-adding.

Is this functionality really missing? Is there maybe some kind of "work around"? Will this capability come back to the new editor in the future?

1 answer

0 votes
Owen Wallis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2021

This functionality is missing but the team are figuring out how to bring it to Cloud; https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-65344

Volker Jakob April 21, 2021

Since the mentioned issue has been closed as a duplicate for https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-65302.

I'm a little bit confused about the description of the before mentioned issue as it don't explicitly describes the missing ability to insert an already present image within the attachments of the specific page.

Maybe I don't understand the whole focus of that issue, but if this would fit either, I'm fine :)

Owen Wallis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2021

@Volker Jakob good point well made! I'll get the wording on the ticket updated.

Like Volker Jakob likes this
jorgen.bjerke December 17, 2021

It's now December 2021, and still not solved...

In my case, I would like to have design elements centrally attached so I can switch them out with updated images later and all pages with them will automatically be updated.

Owen Wallis
Atlassian Team
January 19, 2022

Thanks @jorgen.bjerke, by design elements do you mean things like Logos etc?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events