How to query SQL by the same number of records issue from JQL

Le Anh Son (K14 HL)
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 22, 2022

I want to using query statement from SQL to getting all of record about issue in database with condition that the number of result must be the same with JQL. Anyone can help me?

Requirement: Getting all of issue that belong to one project and sprint

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Seriously, don't bother.  The Jira database is not remotely designed for any form of reporting, it is a data store.

You are wasting your time trying to use SQL to report on your Jira data.  The best case is that you'll get an inaccurate report.  The worst case is that you'll take your server down with a hideously non-performant slab of complex SQL.

0 votes
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2022

It's not that difficult and would take 3 tables and 2 where conditions, question is, why do you think you want to get this from the database, when you can already get it from Jira? Not to be the annoying guy, but from what I came across almost every time there is no need to stick fingers in DB, it's not the meant way to do reports or data collection, and if you're not already familiar with the structure, it will be rather tedious for you to expand on it any further.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events