How to publish a new page and not notify watchers (option has disappeared)

hr March 12, 2020

My edit format has changed. I am no longer able to click "do not notify watchers".  It seems that option has disappeared. 

I don't need to notify everyone if I fix a typo.  Has someone found a solution?

Notify watchers.JPG

3 answers

4 votes
Joshua Bentley July 8, 2021

There's obviously a need to be able to create pages without notifying watchers. How do we either 1) let the devs know we want this or 2) jump on the bandwagon of an already-existing request?

Joie Chung July 14, 2021

+10000000

can someone please provide an update?

Like # people like this
3 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2020

Hi @hr,

Welcome to Atlassian Community.

For a new page that has not yet been published yet you cannot choose the option to publish without notifying watchers. If you have already created the page and then edit it you should see this under the ellipsis:

Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 10.26.22 AM.png 

Tino Rossi July 8, 2020

I don't want to go to a sub-menu every time, I want to click the top-level publish button or an equivalent keyboard shortcut. Is this possible?

Like # people like this
Frederico Pflug January 11, 2021

Ctrl+Shift+Enter then you have the notification check box.

Like Christine Absil likes this
Yannick Biet March 17, 2021

Ctrl+enter pusblish with notifications

Ctrl+shift+enter pusblish with revision comment + checkbox notifications

but I can't find any shortcut to direclty publish without revision comment and without sending notification ? I think there's a missing shortcut there. Can't we imagine one like ctrl+alt+enter ? (dont know if we can inside of chrome)

Like # people like this
Elias de Moraes Fernandes May 31, 2021

I'm still having trouble trying to publish without notify watchers (when creating). It's annoying and people started complained to me about it.

Like # people like this
Susanne Ertle July 7, 2021

Same problem here. Our new users have enough to do to get used to working in Confluence without having to think about selecting a menu and an option instead of just using the publish button. And all our other users get upset because they are receiving bucket loads full of email notifications no-one cares about. So they just all get deleted -  and you missed the important one because it was hidden in between all that spam!

Like # people like this
0 votes
Chris Kolaczkowski May 8, 2023

Kind of an old post, but I think I've been able to get around this on our self-hosted version of Confluence by publishing the initial page with privacy settings such that only I have access to the page. After that, I can open up visibility settings, and publish edits without notifying watchers.

Jeffrey.Stutzman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 9, 2024

Ugh...I don't have access to these settings.   Why must they insist on broadcasting to the customers every little change people make?

Chris Kolaczkowski January 9, 2024

These are the settings I have, FWIW:

confluence.png

And after initial publish, this:

confluence2.png

Jeffrey.Stutzman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 10, 2024

Yeah, sadly, the lock doesn't appear for us.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events