How to provide access to restricted pages in confluence

yasmeen shaik April 4, 2023

I am the admin of the space. But I am not able to provide access to the restricted pages created by other user within same space. 

How to provide access to restricted pages in confluence.

1 answer

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

Hi @yasmeen shaik 

Considering you are using Confluence DC/Server (since you haven't tagged the hosting type), you need space admin permissions to view the list of restricted pages in a space.

To view restricted pages:

1. Go to the space and choose Space tools > Permissions from the bottom of the sidebar

2. Choose Restricted Pages.

From the next screen, you can right click and open the restricted pages and then add further restrictions to them with below steps:

1. Choose the Restrictions  icon at the top of the page.
  2. Choose whether you just want to limit only who can Edit, or who can View and / or Edit.
  3. Enter users or groups then click Add to add them to the list. 
    If you chose Viewing and Editing restricted you can further specify for each person or group whether they can edit or just view the page. 
  4. Apply the restrictions.

The restrictions are inherited from parent page which might affect how you can view/edit/add restrictions on the page. View restrictions are inherited, which means a restriction applied to one page will cascade down to any child pages.  Edit restrictions are not inherited, which means pages need to be restricted individually.

Please also have a look at the following links to learn more about the permissions

Let me know if this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events