How to procure assignments while migrating the space from confluence cloud to server?

Vineet Kumar March 16, 2018

Hi, I have to migrate confluence spaces from Cloud to Server, The issue is, for the users, the usernames are different in cloud as well as confluence server but the email id is same. So, If i am importing the space to server the users are loosing the assignments to the wiki pages. e.g. creator of the page is appearing empty. 

May i know what is the best way i can procure the these assignments while performing the imports. All the users are present in the target confluence server with the same email id but with different usernames. 

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2018

Hi Emir,

There is no easy way to do what you are describing. To "see" the users as the same as in the Cloud export, and associate their created pages, avatars, personal spaces, etc. with them, the usernames must match at some point. There  might be a way we can make them match Cloud temporarily, get the content associated, and then change them back to the intended Server usernames.

• In the destination Server instance, what kind of User Directory are the users in?

There are different strategies for external directories (Jira, Crowd, LDAP) versus internal (User Directory that comes with Confluence).

Another consideration is the number of users. If it's quite a few we will have to approach it differently than if it just a handful.

• Please let me know approximately how many users you have in Cloud.

Thanks,

Ann

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events