Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print just print output without table's lines and without header?

Pavel Potcheptsov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2016

pocket_query.png

I have a query that returns value 83. Is it possible not to print table and heading and just show expected output, i.e. 83?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Carla Roocks (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2016

Hi Pavel,

Thank you for using PocketQuery!

Of course, it is possible to omit the table heading. You will first need to create your own custom template. Templates are used to define how the result set should be displayed. After that, go to your query and change the used "template" to the one you just created.

A simple template, that displays the usual table without the header, would look like this:

<table class="pocketquery-table confluenceTable">
#foreach ($row in $result)
<tr class="#if($velocityCount % 2 != 0)odd#{else}even#end">
#foreach ($column in $row)
<td class="col-$velocityCount">$!column</td>
#end
</tr>
#end
</table>

If you want to print only the bare result value itself, without any table or other surrounding HTML, you could use the following template. It makes the most sense if there is only one single result value. The first line removes the div container, that normally wraps all rendered PocketQuery macros.

## @param plain:true
#foreach ($row in $result)
#foreach ($column in $row)
$!column
#end
#end

There is a lot you can do with templates. We included different examples in the PocketQuery documentation (templating is the last tab), I encourage you to have a look at them.

Hope this helps! Please let me know, if you have more questions.

Pavel Potcheptsov
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2016

Thank you dear Carla!

After applying you second solution I was able to insert pocketquery macro directly to table.

pocket_query1.pngpocket_query2.png

However this seems to break total sum row calculation but in this case it's not a big deal.

Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2016

It should be possible even shorter like this, assuming your column name is "Ektos":

## @param plain:true
$result.get(0).Ektos

Question: how do you do your sum calculation?

0 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2016

Hi Pavel,

You can filter this table by default using Table Filter macro.

Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2016

Might work, but I would not recommend it because PocketQuery has its own filtering abilities that should perform much better than filtering the table with JS afterwards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events