How to print checkboxes for HTML output

Casey Maynard November 1, 2017

I have pages with checkboxes.  But when I export the page to HTML format, the checkboxes appear as bulletpoints.  How can I get the checkboxes print, both in a checked or uncheck state?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2017

Hi Casey,

It appears this is a known issue in Confluence Server:

Could you let me know what version of Confluence you're on, so I can update the bug with your information?

A workaround would be to manually edit the HTML and include the desired checkbox: <input type = "checkbox">

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Casey Maynard November 6, 2017

We are using 6.5.0.

This issue has been opened since 2014, so I doubt there will be any fix for this issue. 

And the workaround is not easy to do or practical, as most of my documents have checkboxes.

I regret that I am forced to use this application, because it lacks quite a number of commonly needed functions, or it requires a user to buy a number of plugins.

Casey Maynard November 20, 2017

Is there another workaround?  I have 35 different pages that have some sort of 'checkbox' option that I would need to edit

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2017

Hi Casey,

At this time there is no further workaround. I recommend watching this thread and the bug in case another workaround is discovered.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Casey Maynard December 4, 2017

Amazing.  Checkboxes are a common everyday item on documents.  And this has been a design flaw open for over 3 years, no solution, and it is not even under consideration.

I cannot imagine that Confluence users have not found a solution, not even a simple 'checkbox' add-on.  I guess this community is not big enough for someone to provide simple solutions.

Like Thomas Friedrich likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events