• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • How to prevent notification going to every Confluence user in my company when I edit a document? I am the admin for confluence in my company.

How to prevent notification going to every Confluence user in my company when I edit a document? I am the admin for confluence in my company.

Every time I modify a document or add a document, notification goes to every confluence member in my company.

Is there a way to stop this spamming?

3 answers

To add to Steven, since it appears that you are using cloud, deselect Notify watchers at the bottom of the page when in edit mode, and it will stay that way, not notifying anyone.

Steven Behnke Community Champion Jan 22, 2016

Sorry Milo, I think YOU'RE right. I converted your comment to an Answer. My suggestion is too heavy handed for a simple situation like this.

The reason they are notified is because someone is editing the page and selecting Notify Users, and they are watching the page or space. Whoever is editing the page should be mindful of their notifications. If they don't want to be watching the page, then they can remove their watch or a page editor can remove it for them.

1 vote
Steven Behnke Community Champion Jan 22, 2016

Users get notified in Confluence when they are Watching the content. People watch content by choice or by contributing to content.

Please read up on the documentation – Manage Watchers on Confluence Cloud

To remove space watchers,

1. Go to the page or blog post for which you want to manage the watchers
  2. Choose Watch > Manage Watchers
    The left-hand column of the 'Manage Watchers' dialog shows the users watching the page or blog post. The right-hand column shows the users watching the space.
  3. Remove an existing page, post, or space watcher – choose the trash icon next to their name

Hi Suneel, 

maybe you take a look at this great plugin - it's for free and we're using it. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/confluence.extra.noemailstorm/server/overview

Edit: Sorry, no cloud version.

With No-Email-Storm you decide on pagedit if you want to save only or save and notify.

Hope this helps. 
Cheers,
Mario 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Confluence

Calling all marketing teams who use Confluence - we want to hear from you!

Hi Community! me again 🙂 If you’re a marketing team using Confluence, we want to hear your story! How did you start using Confluence? What are your use cases? What have been some of the benefits?...

90 views 2 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you