How to prevent concurrent update attachments

g August 10, 2017

In our team we've already had several times an attachment updated by person A and updated by person B, where the updates form person A were disapeared. It seems that A and B can open the same attachment and save the document where only the updates by the person who saved the attachment last remain.

What does Confluence offer to prevent this?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2017

Natively, nothing, and technically, it can't anyway.

It doesn't "know" that more than one person is editing a file on another machine.  There are some add-ons in the marketplace that implement locking, so you can flag an attachment as under edit by another user and prevent people using them, but there is no way to prevent two users downloading a document and working concurrently.  Even the best locking system can't stop it happening, just warn people that someone else might be working on it.

María Fernández Castro
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 16, 2019

In document and code source management there is the concept of check in and check out that could be implemented. And if you don't download the document, but edit it in the server, the system should be able to notice there are two or more people in this situation. I wouldn't say there is no way to prevent that. Simply that it's not natively implemented. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events