Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent blurry images on Confluence Cloud

Rob Benton June 14, 2022

There seems to be a ton of bugs and discussions on this topic but none of them are recent. All I want to do is paste or insert an image and not have it be scaled automatically and be blurred. What is the best way to do this in Confluence Cloud?

2 answers

0 votes
Dwight Holman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2023

An update for an old question. We continue to see this issue, so I don't think it has been resolved since Jun 2022.

I don't think there is any way to get Confluence (or Jira) Cloud to show your image at 100% so you get a nice clear picture. In some cases an image size might match one of the size options - but that would be a happy accident.

As far as I can tell the only open ticket about this is CONFCLOUD-67554 and it looks like they are doing user feedback sessions on a possible solution.

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2022

Hi @Rob Benton , what's the size (resolution) of the image you're trying to upload?

After an image is inserted, select the image and use the handles on either side to resize it.

Rob Benton June 14, 2022

I've got several I'm inserting so they aren't all the same size. The last one was 303 x 61 pixels. I've tried resizing but the image snaps to certain sizes. Is there not a way to just Confluence not to scale at all?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events