How to preset a variable input field when creating a page from a template

hans-peter.geier March 21, 2013

Some of our page templates have input fields (variables) for a page-owner's name and a date. I like to preset these fields automatically with the name of the current user or the current date when the first screen of the template wizzard is loaded, prompting for these variables. I do imagine this is possible with a piece of Javascript. Possibly someone has already done this?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2013

Hello,

We have following feature request for just this behavior.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-1623

Please feel free to visit the issue and add you own specific requirments. I will be adding this post to the ticket to furhter increase it's visibility to our developers.

hans-peter.geier March 24, 2013

gee, this issue is from 2004 ... Not much chance to get this done, huh?

Can you help to add some more affected versions? (3.x, 4.x, 5.x)

The current value of 1.1 will never attract anyone's eyes among developpers and project managers.

Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2013

I've edited the issue to include your suggested affected version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events