How to perform mass jira-ticket-link to jira-ticket-macro transformation on the page?

Aleksey Bandurin August 21, 2018

Hi guys

Could anyone help with this issue? Have a list of JIRA tickets (about 250) links in plain text. Copy-paste it to the Confluence page and expect that it will be automatically converted to JIRA-ticket-macro as it used to be with a single JIRA ticket link. But the transformation doesn't perform and I still have a list of links as it listed below on the Confluence page:

ScreenClip-1.png

But I expect something like that:

ScreenClip-2.png

Please share a solution with the issue, don't want to do a monkey job  :(

1 answer

0 votes
Sattesh M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2018

Hello Aleksey,

Since the links are pasted as, well, links, and the Jira issues seen in the second screenshot have quite a bit of info in them, I'm not sure if there's an easy way to do the conversion.

If you don't mind viewing them in table form however, I believe we can use some text editor magic to do that.

I'm using Notepad++ on Windows.

1. I first have a list of plain-text links.
    link_to_macro-1.PNG
  2. I then replaced all the text before the issue key with "key=".
    link_to_macro-2.PNG
  3. Next, I replaced the line breaks with OR and a space, like "OR ".
    link_to_macro-3.PNG

4. Now, we select all of that and paste it into the Jira Issues macro.
    link_to_macro-4.PNG
  5. And that should be it.
    link_to_macro-5.PNG

I know that's not exactly how you wanted Aleksey, but do let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
Sattesh

Aleksey Bandurin September 28, 2018

Thank you, Sattesh, for this solution. This is partly not what I need, but it can come in handy if no other variant is found.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events