Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to perform a REST API call from the backend of my Confluence using Application Links?

Andrey Suray May 26, 2022

Is there a way to use Application Links to perform a REST API call from the backend of my Confluence connect(cloud) add-on?
I am intending to call Jira REST API endpoints from Confluence side. Jira and Confluence are linked by Application Links.

I used to use the following scheme:
“/rest/jiraanywhere/1.0/servers” to get the list of Application Links
“/plugins/servlet/applinks/proxy?appId={APPLINK ID}&path={REST API ENDPOINT}” to perform a custom call
Unfortunately, the scheme won't work now.

I would appreciate some other options besides Application Links as well.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2022

Hello Andrey,

I believe this wouldn't work as Application Links are designed to use the JAVA API instead of REST API, so this might be the reason it is not working for you.

I'm not completely sure about your use case here to use the App Links with the REST API and why, so we could dig further for better options, if there is any, but if you could share more details with us about your end goal, it would be awesome!

Additionally, if you are looking for building an app or doing something custom, we would highly recommend searching for topics at our Atlassian Developer Community and posting your question there as well!

Further information can be found here: Applinks API 3.2 APIAtlassian SDK Developer | Application links. 

Kindest Regards,
Jessica

Andrey Suray June 2, 2022

Hello Jessica,
Thank you for the reply.
Here are the details:
I am building Connect(cloud) app for cloud Confluence. The app will provide a macro that should show a minimal issue view of an issue from a Jira instance connected to the Confluence via Application Links(note it is possible to link any Jira using Application Links , not only Jira + Confluence pair hosted on the same instance).
I am interested in Application Links as I would like to relay all authorization stuff on Application Links. This works for server Confluence for me, so I intend to use the same approach for Connect app.

Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2022

Hi Andrey,

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

I have reviewed it internally with my team, but we don't think it is really possible to use the Application links with Rest APIs calls natively indeed.

However, since this is a custom app using Connect Cloud, there may some options available rather than using Applications Links, but our Developers would be the best option in this case to confirm with you if there is and in which scenarios would that work.

With that in mind, if you have anything related to custom apps development, please ask on our sister [Atlassian Developer Community|https://community.developer.atlassian.com/], as they will be able to provide you a more accurate answer on that.

Additionally, if you find any bugs or any issue that you suspect could be a bug, or even a suggestion for improvement, please feel free to submit it on our https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/.

Hope that helps getting you started!

Cheers,
Jessica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events