Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to paste a table in Confluence?

greg_barker_veeva June 13, 2016

If I copy and paste the following in a JIRA comment, it shows up as a table:

||test header||
|test row|

If I copy and paste the above into a Confluence page, it doesn't do the table formatting. How come?

1 answer

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2016

This is wiki markup notation which is now removed in Confluence. JIRA still uses it.

If you want to copy paste the wiki markup  from JIRA to Confluence, try this option:

Insert a block of wiki markup into the Confluence editor. (Choose Insert > Wiki Markup.)

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf53/confluence-wiki-markup-for-macros-411108835.html for more details.

greg_barker_veeva June 14, 2016

Thanks Jobin! That worked great =)

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2016

I can't find Insert > Wiki Markup. Has it been removed from recent versions of Confluence?

Like Michael Tuchman likes this
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2016

I think it is "Insert > Markup" now.

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2016

Thank you, @Jobin Kuruvilla [Go2Group]! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events