How to multiple personal spaces to migrate to the new instance

Deleted user October 19, 2020

Can someone please let me know the best way of exporting multiple personal spaces for Confluence Administrator so that they can be imported to the new instance. I have been able to export and import the general spaces but for some reason Personal  Spaces dont appear under the Space Permissions. I know one way would be to ask the users of those spaces to export and then import but that wont be feasible since we have many personal spaces and also some of the users are not active in the Confluence anymore so not how how can we do it for those users. 

Many thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2020

Hi @[deleted] 

You will need to know the space key to be able to migrate them.

Then you can:

1. Access the space permission page
  2. Open the space permission of a space
  3. Replace the key with the key of the space you want to export(I believe this should be the user key of the owner of the personal space)
  4. Go to content tools section
  5. Perform your export as usual.

I will try and confirm the key part again as I did this a while back however note you need confluence admin permission for this.

Regards.

Deleted user October 19, 2020

Thanks @Ismael Jimoh  for your quick response however it did not work. When I am replacing the key, it gives me an error saying this space has not been made public so I dont have access. 

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2020

As promised, to access, replace the entry after key with:

~<username>

Do not forget to remove <> but you need the curly thing before the username so your end result would be like:

<your-confluence-url>/spaces/viewspacesummary.action?key=~<username>
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2020

Hi @[deleted] ,

One additional thing to check is that the user account you're trying to access the spaces with is a member of the confluence-administrators group. In Confluence, that group provides special "super" access to some permissions beyond what the regular "Confluence Administrator" or "System Administrator" global permissions provide. More details are available here.

Like Cornelius Gillner likes this
Deleted user October 26, 2020

Hi @Daniel Eads I have added the user to the  confluence-administrators group and tried again yet I got the same error message saying that the user has not shared it with you. I have tried all the steps mentioned by @Ismael Jimoh  as well but nothing worked. 

Thanks and kind regards

Cornelius Gillner May 24, 2023

I can confirm that this method still works today. 👍

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events