Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move my confluence installation to a new machine?

jilong sun October 4, 2017

My confluence's mysql database is installed on a separate machine, and I want to move my confluence website to a new machine, how can I make it?

1 answer

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2017

Please refer this guide for steps for this migration. https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/migrating-confluence-between-servers-184150.html

jilong sun October 11, 2017

I have done as the link to migrate, install the windows confluence installer, copy confluence home folder to the new server, copy the server.xml, copy the mysql jar. And then startup the service, and run start-confluence.bat, the error in the following screen shows up. I set the jre path in the setclasspath.bat set JRE_HOME=C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Confluence\jre, and then run again, it shows up as the second screen. And I try to open confluence in the IE with localhost:8090, it can't open. What can I do ?screen1.png

screen2.png

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2017

What you see in the application logs ? Can you provide the application logs here ?

Which version of mysql you are using ?

jilong sun October 12, 2017

Thanks, this issue has been figured out, the reason is that the new server can't reach the mysql server.

but we found the other issue, with the latest installer, I can't edit the confluence document, it will show up the error as below:can not edit the document.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2017

If I'm translating that correctly, it means it can't get a connection to Synchrony.

To test this theory, try going to Admin -> collaborative editing, and turning it off.  Can you create/edit a page with that turned off?

jilong sun October 13, 2017

Yes, after I turned off collaborative editing, the doc can be edited and saved. Btw the error words in the screen shot are "It is loading slowly, please get help from administrator". And Just after I log in the confluence, there will be a warning message: The collation health check has failed. Maybe there does have one error for collation? how can we fix it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2017

I am sorry, I did not explain this in detail because I have seen it a lot, and forget that other people have not.

There are many problems that might give you that error message.  The test I asked you to do on collaborative editing rules out a lot of possible problems, and in a good way - if you'd still not been able to edit, we would be in a worse place.

You should fix the collation error, just in case your users try to write pages with content that won't save properly, but it is not the cause of the problem with collaborative editing.

The issue you have with editing is because Confluence cannot talk to the Synchrony service.  Synchrony is installed alongside Confluence, not as part of it, so it looks a bit odd when it doesn't work.  Could you have a look at the Confluence and Synchrony logs generated at a time that you tried to edit and failed?

jilong sun October 15, 2017

I will check the log to attach here. btw, where is the confluence and synchrony log?

And the other question, confluence is keeping my machine's CPU almost 100%, is there anything i can do ? my machine is windows server

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2017

For the logs check home directory/logs . Home directory is the one where the confluence.cfg.xml file resides.

Regarding high CPU, I remember I had raised the bug for high CPU usuage.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-38233

It seems people are still facing it and it is not resolved correctly.

However, you should check the thread dumps (Generated when you are facing 100 CPU usage) and raise this with Atlassian.

jilong sun October 15, 2017

does confluence have the same 100% CPU problem in linux installation?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 16, 2017

It can do.

You will not know whether a Linux/Unix/Other install might have the same problem until you have worked out what the problem is.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events