Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify confluence page without recieving a confluence email notification?

Ashraf Afana November 28, 2013

Dear Sir,
I'm using confluence on my company and really I'm struggling to find the help or an answer to one of my questions. I'm trying to update some data and some results on the confluence, but I don't want the rest of the people on the confluence to see it till its finished. So, how can I do that? How can I modify the confluence page in the way that the others will not receive a confluence email notification?
kind regards,
Ashraf

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anand Unadkat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2013

Hi Ashraf,

I'm afraid that you will have to disable notifications for you to ahceive that, otherwise i will fire notification each time that you make changes to it. Disabling notification is done in your profile page and is not global like JIRA

Hope this answers your question

Regards

Anand

0 votes
Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2013

Hi Ashraf,

another possible solution would be to use Scroll Versions, create a version for the content you work in and publish it as soon as it's finished (and therefore make it visible to the other users).

Cheers,
Nils

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2013

Ashraf,

A quick solution is to change the page permissions so that only you can see/edit it. If you do that no one will be sent any updates (or be able to see the page itself) until you remove the viewing permissions.

Once you've finished working on it, you can remove the permissions.

You could also create and edit the page in your own space (assuming that is set so that only you can view/edit it) and then move the page to where you want it when you've finished.

In Google Chrome you can add a macro that de-selects the Notify Watchers tick box. If you do that, then no one will see any updates unless you deliberately select that tick box.

Cheers.

Hi Nick,

to change the permissions you mean watch or restriction viewing?

thanks.

Ashraf

0 votes
Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2013

Hi Ashraf,

does the information on the following page help you: http://www.k15t.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=66224644

Cheers,
Nils

Hi Nils,

Thanks for the information, but I'm afraid that the Custom HTML is not available in the version I'm using or I can't find it in Look and Feel.

cheers,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events