How to migrate one Confluence space into anothe space in same Confluence instance?

Hisamitsu Koga August 29, 2016

We have been using Confluence Server 5.9.7 now. Our user wants to migrate their Confluence space into

another space in same Confluence instance. Which way is the best to migrate their Confluence space into

another space in same Confluence instance? Please provide me with the detailed info on this matter.

3 answers

0 votes
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2016
0 votes
crochaju
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2016

Hi Hisamitsu,

I suggest you to export and import back the site following the following KB https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/import-a-confluence-space-724765531.html

Cheers

Carlos

Benjamin Weinheimer-Erben (mgm-tp)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2016

But then you will not end up with one space with the merged content...

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2016

Hi Hisamitsu,

I suggest to simply move all the pages on the root-level to the other space. In this way you move all the sub-pages also to the other space.

greetings
Benjamin

Hisamitsu Koga August 29, 2016

You mean I can move all the pages on the root-level to the other space by one operation / task?

Could you provide me with more detailed indo, please?

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2016

In short: you can.

BUT: If we talk about thousands of pages with attachments and so on, it might be a good idea to split the move action in smaller pieces, as you will run into timeouts if you try to move large amounts of pages.

My advice here: Get an overview of the amount of pages over all and try to identify the sections you can move including all sub-pages. Depending on the size of your space this could be several 10 equal sections. It is hard to give you a specific number, as this is related to the over-all performance of your system and the size of your pages and attachments. You can start moving smaller pieces of 10-20 pages and then increase the number of pages.

Deleted user August 30, 2016

@Hisamitsu Koga -

Benjamin's advice is good. Please also consider that to move all the pages from one space to another, you will need to:

1. have "remove" permissions in the original space – moving a page or its attachment(s) in Confluence-world is the same as deleting it
  2. check that none of the pages  have editing restrictions (if you cannot edit the page, you cannot move it) 

Like Jen Reid likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events