Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate confluence(6.2) user account from internal directory to OpenLDAP directory?

QING YANG June 19, 2017

Hi, I have a confluence server with several hundred users in internal user directory. Now I want to authenticate user on openldap. I found a guide to migrate user in Jira:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/migrating-users-between-user-directories-861253207.html?_ga=2.160639609.594572857.1497833364-1015594078.1496485156#MigratingUsersbetweenUserDirectories-Usingthe%27Migrateusersfromonedirectorytoanother%27functionality

Is there a similar way in confluence?

thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2017

Confluence does not have the built in ability to migrate users between user directories the way JIRA does. Please vote on this suggestion ticket: Make it possible to move users between directories

In the meantime, if you can upload a file to OpenLDAP, you can use the User Management Util - Bulk User Upload to export the users to a .csv file. The plugin says it is incompatible on Confluence 6.2.x but you can still install it by downloading the .jar file from the Marketplace link and then using the Upload button in Confluence Admin>Add-ons to install it. I tried it on a test instance to make sure it functions on Confluence 6.2.2.

QING YANG June 20, 2017

Thank you! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events