Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate Teams Calendar from server to Cloud?

Sofia Grunspan January 3, 2023

I need to migrate Confluence server to Cloud and I need migrate Teams calendars too.

Since Teams Calendars is now part of Confluence Cloud Premium, can I migrate using Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant?

Which steps I must follow? 

Thanks

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2023

@Sofia Grunspan 

Migration of Confluence Team Calendars information is not included in the Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant currently.

In addition to the methods listed by @G subramanyam Atlassian Labs has developed a python script that can be used to migrate Team Calendars data. The information can be found here:

https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/team-calendars/src/master/ 

This is technically unsupported by Atlassian. However, I executed a migration recently and engaged Atlassian through a migration support ticket for the effort. As part of that I was able to get assistance with how to use the script, identifying gaps in the script, and identifying bugs in the script.

There are pros and cons to using the ICS export/import method vs. the python script method.

The ICS method will not properly repopulate the Who field in migrated events.

The python script can encounter problem if custom emojis are included in event titles or descriptions.

The python script doesn't migrate Jira events.

With the python script there are queries you need to run against the server database to extract data, some of which has to be provided to Atlassian so they can run queries against the cloud instance database to correct data after migration.

Calendar Watches and Subscriptions that have been set up by users are not migrated.

Be aware that for both methods, if you have Team Calendar Macros that reference the calendars, those macros will be broken. I had to get Atlassian Support to fix those for me, as it required a query to be run against the database for the cloud instance.

0 votes
Answer accepted
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2023

Hi @Sofia Grunspan welcome to the Atlassian community.

At this moment, I would request you to follow these:

1. Migration steps/ topics

2. Cloud roadmap

3. Migrate team calendar from server to Cloud.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events