I need to update all user records (accounts), to set a new email address.
Is there a tool (postgresql script?) available to perform the update, so I can save developping such a script myself?
Our Confluence and Jira instances are hooked up to LDAP AD (no crowd).
I'm not sure whether the email address would be automatically synchronized from LDAP once this is updated,
or do we need to update the local records?
Yes, it should. Only if someone is using Crowd delegated authentication and the user info is now duplicated in Crowd, then it would need to be managed separately. Even, if you are on a Confluence/JIRA release that uses Crowd under the covers, it handles the synchronization.
The update through LDAP interface to the Confluence user database has worked fine. This is really good, because I figured that the CLI (version 2.4) of Confluence has no "updateUser" API call, in contrast to the Jira API. (weird, huh?)
In the meantime, I have also updated our Jira instance, this time using the updateUser call of the Jira CLI. It appears our Jira's LDAP I/F is configured to not update existing users' email address.
Besides the user records update, I also worked on mass-updating the pages' content. I faced a strange issue. When I attempt to search for something like "mycompany.com" , I do NOT find any pages holding that string. This is true for both, the CLI "getContentList --search" and in the GUI (e.g. Livesearch macro).
I did some experiments and figured that I can query for "mycompany.net" (.net is our intranet extension) without problem, so I suppose ".com" as part of the search string is causing the query engine to not find anything (????)
I think this is strange and hard to understand.
I got the idea that the cause could be because this string most frequent appears in a link, although this is also true for .net addresses. I did another attempt searching for "mailto:" which also occurs in the same links.
Funny, searching for "mailto:" did return the desired pages, at least most (?) of them.
Then I used the CLI actions "getPage" and "storePage --findReplace" to update the email addresses. This worked fine.
But, of course there are some email addresses contained in pages which are not part of a mailto: link, so I couldn't find them at all. I ended up downloading ALL pages to the file system and there apply Unix find/grep statements to identify the affected pages. Quite a heavy work-around for the issue that searching for *.com does not work as expected.
I'm not sure, should I open an issue on this? Probably it's not caused by the CLI but somewhere deeper in the architecture, as the search macros in the GUI show the same effect. Maybe the issue is already known?
btw, we are on Confluence 3.5.13, using CLI 2.4.
The CLI just uses the Confluence search service, so expect the same results on GUI and CLI. Confluence search is based on source text indexing (Apache Lucene). It is not going to know that want .com to match with .net. Use both .com and .net to get both. I don't think there is any issue here other than the limitations of the search engine.
This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.Read more
Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs