How to manually upgrade Confluence 3.1 to 4.2 on Windows and SQL Server?

samjones6 May 7, 2012

Hello!

In the past, when I do an upgrade it blows away my ssl cert, reinstalls tomcat, etc.

Is there a "drop in" way to do an upgrade, to get the newer confluence running in my current config and app server?

Thank you for any pointers!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2012

Here is the documentation to follow: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Upgrading+Confluence+Manually

The new upgrade utility does most of it but it still installs a tomcat (which is part of the standalone application) and hence you will have to re-install the ssl certificates, do any config done on starup scripts other than changing memory parameters etc.

samjones6 May 7, 2012

John, Thanks! But.... can't I do a drop in somehow, and bypass all the cert mess (which I find a great hassle)? Also, is it safe to go from 3.1 to 4.2 directly, or should I take intermediate steps? thx!!

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2012

You wouldn't be able to do a drop in. Regarding the migration, you should be fine going directly to 4.2.

samjones6 May 8, 2012

I used the doc you pointed me to. I got the upgrade done. What horrible docs!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events