Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage mail archives in Confluence?

Jeff Vail October 30, 2014

I love that we can forward mail to Confluence for archival purposes, but is there a way to manage that archive over time?  What if we rearrange Confluence and need to move mail from one space to another, or what if we merge two spaces together and want to merge the mail archives?  Can we export the mail from one space in a Confluence instance for import into another?  I am hoping to ditch my "Archive" folder in Outlook, but I don't want to lose all control of my email once it is in Confluence.  Any insight around this topic would be appreciated.

3 answers

0 votes
Jeff Vail March 31, 2015

The instructions are a bit out-of-date.  The steps are "Space Tools"..."Integrations"..."Mail Accounts".  We have a space checking a POP mailbox and it pulls mail in perfectly.  You can see the mail under "Space Tools"..."Integrations"..."Mail" or via a search in Confluence.  I forward all of my I-might-need-this-someday emails to that mailbox and it's always easily searchable if I need it, and it gets that email out of my personal inbox and makes it accessible to the whole team.

0 votes
Francisco Martinez March 31, 2015

Jeff do you have the procedure to fw the mail to Confluence? I looks like the steps shown here https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=180294236 aren't working anymore. Thanks!

0 votes
Jeff Vail March 30, 2015

Am I the only one that wants more information/options around email archives in Confluence?  It's a great feature, but until email is a first-class citizen in Confluence, its use is limited.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events