Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage a list of external links/references for a set of pages

Evgeny December 11, 2020

Hello community,

I am new to a confluence, so sorry if the question is covered in documentation.

Suppose we maintain some company processes in a set of pages. These pages would have some references (URLs) to external to Confluence sources . Naturally there will be situations, when the same external source (e.g. Google Doc) or some external site is referenced from different pages. 

My goal is to bring some structure to management of these external links, because this is where it often gets messy

1) I would want to have a list of all external references to which any of my pages refer to (this is in addition to them being mentioned in the text of the pages)

2) if some external reference changes (e.g. some external process moved from URL X to URL Y), then I would want to update this external reference only in one place and then all related pages (which refer to this external reference) would get updated automatically. This is an opposite to having to go to every single of my pages and to update URL to this reference. 

1 answer

0 votes
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2020

You could use the Excerpt Macro to embed the links in other pages.

Since you are on server, you also have the option to create your own User Macros to make it quicker and easier to add and/or maintain the links. For more on User Macros see https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/writing-user-macros-4485.html

Zaid Asfour February 23, 2023

any luck in getting this working?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events