Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make my Confluence page look prettier?

Deleted user August 14, 2018

Hi everyone!  We are using Confluence at our company and while I really like a lot of the functionality... I really wish the whole experience was more beautiful and "on brand."  

I've created lots of beautiful Google Doc templates... things like documents and presentations, but I'm not sure how I can do this in Confluence.  Does anyone have any pointers?  Also, are there any beautiful Confluence pages that are public?  I'm looking for inspiration for really well designed beautiful pages but I'm coming up short.

Thanks so much!

Amanda

3 answers

2 votes

On the following page you will find a nice collection of examples of beautiful and attractive confluence pages:

https://auralivedemo.swift-wiki.net

I know that this post is older, but maybe this still helps.

Aaron Whigham November 13, 2020

@Jan Kuntscher - appanvil - Aura Karma Mantra  I can't find this in the Atlassian Marketplace when I search inside of my Confluence instance.

Still learning from the examples.  Amazing stuff!

Jan Kuntscher November 14, 2020

@Aaron Whigham Apps are not displayed if they are either not compatible with the confluence version or if they are already installed. I assume that you are using a Confluence version below 6.15 right?

Aura is available from Confluence version 6.15

Cheers

2 votes
Emily Errico August 14, 2018

This is basically my job! :)

Keep in mind that functionality is always more important than appearance, but I do agree that pretty things are nicer to work with.

You can create beautiful Confluence page templates using macros and the page layout feature. The number of templates you'll need depends on the amount of repetition that the work your company does requires. It's also a giant pain to go back and align old pages with changes you've added to the templates, so do your best to get it right the first time, if consistency on all pages is essential to your organization.

If you have admin superpowers, I'd also take advantage of customizing your Confluence theme and space headers. This will do wonders to make the instance feel on brand.

I'll add screenshots of pretty pages later. Let me know if you need more details on something.

This is awesome Emily!!  Thanks so much for your help.  I'd love to see some examples! 

Also... if you or anyone does this work for an hourly rate, hit me up.  I'd rather just have someone get it right out of the box that is going to be way faster at it than I am.  

Emily Errico August 14, 2018

I am available for part-time work! You can message me via my LinkedIn profile! :)

Perfect!  Just sent a connection request

0 votes
Ryan Fish
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2018

@[deleted]

What Emily said :)

CSS is a good way to keep things branded without redo-ing a bunch of stuff. Its under space tools/ look and feel. Options include themes, color scheme, stylesheet, header/ footer/ sidebar, etc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events