Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make drafts and other page versions public?

Pyotr Novokreshchenov April 7, 2022

Hi!

I've found this article of yours that states: 

• by default, users with View-only permissionn (sic!) will only see the most recently published version – they can't see draft versions
  • users who have Edit or Admin permission can see all versions, and easily switch between the latest published (final) and draft versions

In line with it, currently on my space users who don't have Edit permission cannot see other versions of the page (can click on them though), nor can they see the "un-reviewed" version that preceeds the final one (however all view restr-ons are lifted:1.png)

Can I achive any ( maybe all? :) ) of the following aims:

• Make all versions acessible to users;
  • Make pages in "review" state (not final) visible to users.

Thanks a lot in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2022

@Pyotr Novokreshchenov Welcome to the Atlassian community

The whole reason for version control is to prevent information that has not been approved / published from being made visible.    It is also there to ensure that only one source of truth, latest version is what individuals look to.  If you have edit or admin permission then you would see everything you are looking to give users.  So you would need to give all users edit permission.  I don't know why everyone would need to see this information unless they were truly editing and contributing to the document.  

Pyotr Novokreshchenov April 10, 2022

Thank you for the quick and comprehensive answer!

The idea behind restricting access to versions looks reasonable to me now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events