How to make changes in issues, without notifying others about each action?

seetaiah bachhu April 12, 2018

- I have requirement in Confluence and i mapped it in the form of tickets in JIRA. Due to some reason i changed requirement in confluence, i want to get notified for associated JIRA tickets by some means so that look back the JIRA tickets and take appropriate actions corresponding tickets.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2018

Seetaiah,

Are you asking how to be notified on issues you create in Jira? When you're the reporter, you will be notified of any changes to a ticket, except your own changes. If you wish to be also notified of your own changes, then you need to make sure that setting is selected:

Setting: Notify users of their own changes

Option: Choose between making JIRA send you email notifications about issue updates made by either both you and other people (Notify me) or other people only (i.e. Do not notify me).

If I have misunderstood your query please elaborate a bit more on what it is exactly you need to do. Please feel free to send screenshots.

Your title also mentions that you want to not notify other users, but it's the same title from an older question, so I think it might have been applied in error. Can you confirm if you were looking to do that as well?

Regards,

Shannon

seetaiah bachhu April 12, 2018

My question is simple...i will try to elaborate 

I have a requirement in confluence and that is mapped to Jira and that is implemented. 

Now due to some reasons I have to change requirement in confluence, I suppose to change my code as well to meet change requirement.

No way to know or notification by user for changes made at confluence requirement eventhough it is tied jira ticket. 

Overall there is not much tight coupling between confluence and jira in terms of notification means that if I change in confluence it should reflect in Jira. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2018

Seetaiah,

From what you're saying, I think you mean this:

• Since the Confluence page is linked to a Jira issue, you expect that if the Confluence page is updated, the change gets pushed to the Jira issue.
  • Thus, anyone following the Jira issue would be notified of the change in Confluence.

Is this correct? 

If so, please be advised that the link between the Confluence page and Jira issue is only visual. Once you update a Confluence page, it does not update the Jira issue.

The watcher of the Jira issue would also need to have a Confluence license and be a watcher of the associated Confluence page. They would then receive notifications via Confluence of the change on the page.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events