How to make an announcement in Confluence so members can get messages

George Furnell March 25, 2012

Good day,

Thanks for reading.

Please can you tell me how to create an announce mechanism in Confluence?

The end result will be members receiving message.

Regards

George Furnell

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Ole Kristensen March 25, 2012

One approach:

Given you're a Confluence Admin go to the Admin console, click Custom HTML and paste the following code into the section called

At end of the HEAD:

{code}

<!-- Message Banner -->
<div style="background-color: white; border: 2px blue; margin: 4px; padding: 2px; font-weight: bold; text-align: center;"> TYPE your message here!
</a></a>

</div>

{code}

This will place your message on top of your Confluence instance in the blue bar at the top.

sanjay sahuu April 20, 2016

Do we have anything similiar for Jira. I would like to provide an announcement in JIRA at the top.

How to do that?

Deleted user March 2, 2017

Why is the </a></a> there?

2 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2012

Ah, ok. What I would do in that case is create a separate Space for announcements and create a blog post (http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Working+with+Blog+Posts) for each announcement so that the announcements are automatically grouped by date. I would give all of the relevant users access to that Space, but I would also create a dummy account whose email address was a mailing list of the addresses of the real users. I would then log in as the dummy user and have that dummy user watch the Space (http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Watching+a+Space)

That way you have a chronological record of all of the announcements and you can set up the email notifications on the real users' behalves without having to rely on them to set them up individually. This is also then a separate watch notification from any others that the individual users may have created so they can manage the email notifications with whatever email filtering rules they may have set up in their client mail applications.

Would that work for you?

Andrew.

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2012

Hi George,

I was going to suggest the same as Ole, but he beat me to it :-)

In addition, if you're looking to send email notifications to users, Confluence has several mechanisms where users can control which changes they want to be notified of or you can push a notification to users. Have a look at the following documentation for details:

Andrew.

George Furnell March 26, 2012

Thanks guys,

Think my request was too vague, sorry.

I want to post "notification / announcements" regarding the project, where the post is kept and can be read later (like a list or blog), and the users get the email message of this?

Thanks in advance

Regards

George

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events