Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a spreadsheet editable on confluence page

Ankita Mishra March 7, 2017

Dear Team,

Please help in getting an option for making an excel spreadsheet editable in actual format and i am currently using the macbook.

Regards

Ankita

10 answers

2 votes
Ramtin Rawanbakhsh July 19, 2019

Hello together,

That means there is no any or no more a way to edit a excel file on demand?

1 vote
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2022

Hi there,

The Stiltsoft team is happy to announce that our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence add-on now provides a new macro – Table Spreadsheet.

This macro allows you to work with fully functional Excel spreadsheets right in Confluence.

You’ll be able to use cells’ formulas, filters, conditional formatting, etc., create pivot tables and charts from the page view&edit mode.

The Table Spreadsheet macro is available for Cloud and Server/Data Center.

0 votes
Juliette Lallement _Elements Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 26, 2023

Hi @Ankita Mishra1 

I can suggest the app Elements Spreadsheet. You can import your existing Excel documents, display and edit them inside Confluence pages. 

You can also export documents back to Excel if need be. 

Hope it helps

0 votes
Rongsheng Han October 26, 2023

I can't find the Table Spreadsheet macro at all. Does anyone else have the same issue?

Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2023

Hi @Rongsheng Han ,

The Table Spreadsheet macro comes with the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app (you may search for its other macros - Table Filter, Pivot Table, Table Transformer, for example). If you don't see these macros, please check if the add-on is installed for your Confluence instance.

0 votes
Jaclyn Mazzarella
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 30, 2019

Hello, not sure if this helps anymore but there are specific Atlassian apps that you can use like Excellentable- Spreadsheets for Confluence

amiram.fuerst March 19, 2020

But this is not a native Confluence table

0 votes
Mounica September 11, 2018

Hi All,

I tried all the above options but unfortunately still not able to edit the excel sheet on the confluence. Only way working as of now is download edit and upload a new file. I also noticed that the office connector plugin(version 7.0.3) which is available with the confluence  version 6.11.0 doesn't contain all the modules which were available in office connector 5.0.7. Because in the older version we were able to get an option of "edit in office" for any of the office attachments. Kindly help us in resolving it.

Note: I tried in all the possible browsers. IE, chrome and firefox

Thanks,

Mounica

narcisco cruz September 20, 2018

No sure if this helps but, 

USE CHROME

I added my excel in the attachments(click three dots right hand top corner of page and select attachments). Drag and drop. Go back to page. Select Edit or E for shortcut. Type  {excel and select Office Excel and document should auto populate in the file name field.  Insert. After saving edit you should have an Edit document field populate above the excel. I then selected edit or e again to add a filter to minimize the view by typing {filter and selecting table filter. click insert with no changes. click and drag the excel icon for your file to the table filter open space.  click table filter header and click table view and scroll to Show first N rows and type 0(zero). This will show only the header row on real time page and make the view more manageable. You can now use the edit document to edit and save semi real time. A refresh of the page and changes are now visible.  

Easiest solution i have found. 

Mounica September 20, 2018

Thank you narcisco cruz.

I got it working with the help of new companion app.

0 votes
Sukhbir Dhillon July 26, 2017

You can try Excellentable Spreadsheet for Confluence. It lets you to create and edit spreadsheets natively in Confluence with full support for import and export to XLSX, CSV and PDF.

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2017

The GoEdit add-on offers exactly what you look for.

amiram.fuerst March 21, 2020

But it is very expansive addon

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2017

If you use the excel macro you can click the "Edit in Excel" link above the rendered version of the Spreadsheet and it will launch Excel using WebDAV such that saving pushes the changes back into Confluence without having to download a local copy and re-upload.

Susan Parker January 15, 2019

I used to use one of the "Media" macros to embed an excel file; I would see the "Edit in Excel link, which would open the file in Excel. Then when I saved the file, it would automatically save to the embedded version (and maintain versioning in attachment history). This seems to no longer be available (Cloud). What happened to this feature?

Like # people like this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2019

It is still available, but currently it is not available with the Word/Excel/PowerPoint macros. Go to the page menu (the ellipsis menu in the top right of the screen) and click on Attachments. On the attachments page you should see "Edit file" links on the right side of the attachments table.

Like Michael Weiss likes this
Ketan Shinde May 21, 2019

This seems to be broken.. There is no way to Edit the existing uploaded Excel file on Confluence now. The only way is to download, make change & upload again.. 

Like # people like this
Susan Parker May 21, 2019

Hi Ketan, After posting here I learned via Atlassian documentation that they discontinued this feature, at least in its original incarnation as a macro. I opened a support ticket with them to see if they had plans to replace it, and they informed me that they already had a replacement - so their documentation on this is kind of outdated :( - but anyway, the good new is that I found my solution. I probably should have returned to this forum sooner to share it.

Anyway, below is a copy and paste of the response - and it works!:

Thank you for contacting Atlassian Support!

The Office Connector was removed from Cloud Environment. Now in order to edit files in Confluence, you need to use the Atlassian Companion App.

To edit a file:

• Click on the file to open the file preview;
  • Click Edit with at the top right of the preview window and click the default app listed;
  • The first time you click Edit with we'll prompt you to download the Atlassian Companion desktop app - https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/blog/2017/06/edit-attached-files-with-the-apps-on-your-desktop  which will enable the download and re-upload of your files;
  • Edit the file in the relevant desktop app and save it;
  • Head back to Confluence and hit Update to confirm you want to store the updated file as a new version.
Like Leena Bakshi likes this
Susan Parker May 21, 2019

PS: The answer may have been here all along in some of the other posts on this page, but I guess I didn't read them carefully or they didn't resonate. I think also with Atlassian's UI, I struggled a bit at first to see the "Edit with" etc., etc. in  spite of actively looking.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2017

Spreadsheets are attachments, so you can edit them natively - download, edit and upload the new version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events