How to make Pagetree macro centered

Melanie Albrecht June 14, 2016

On my title page, I want the following items to be centered: the heading, some text, a Livesearch macro, and a Pagetree macro.

When I display the page, it's all centred nicely, for a split second. Then, the Pagetree macro jumps to the left. The rest of the content stays centered.

I've tried these ways of forcing centering via editing the wiki markup:

• <div align="center"> </div> around all of the content 
  • style="text-align: center;" in each element 
  • Both the div and the style

None works. Any advice?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2016

You can do it with the Div macro:

Put the Page Tree macro in the body and add 

margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; width: 18em

to the Styles field. You can play with the nem amount to control line wrap.

Melanie Albrecht June 15, 2016

Thanks Milo

Unfortunately the Confluence administrator won't let us use the HTML macro, which I think would let me use the Div macro.

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2016

The Div macro is its own thing, is pre-installed and turned on by default in both Cloud and Server, and has nothing to do with the HTML macro.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 15, 2016

It is not pre-installed in server actually. It's part of Adaptavist Content Formatting Macro's I believe. 

That happens to be currently pre-installed in Cloud however.

Melanie Albrecht June 15, 2016

Thanks Steven - that must be why I don't see it.

In addition, I wonder if it actually would work, given what you said about the Pagetree macro including a block element.

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2016

I stand corrected (the Content Formatting Macros are just so useful). Regardless, I actually tried it before I posted the answer to make sure it worked:

image2016-6-16 9:6:46.png

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2016

Sweet! Yeah, that must override the nature of the block div by forcing margins and width.

Melanie, the content formatting macros are Free/Paid. The Div/Style macros are included under the FREE macros. Just a thought! 

Kelley Cooper August 22, 2016

Thanks, Milo!  This worked great for me on the server 5.8 version...and I used it with the pagetreesearch macro.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2016

The plugin is wrapped in a DIV which is a block element. It occupies the entire space given to it and thus cannot just be "justified."

I don't really see an easy way to change that behavior.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events