How to make Handy Statuses created by me editable/viewable by others

Dailin Garcia Young May 24, 2021

I have a template where I added Handy statuses to be used within my template and just realized that I am the only one that can edit them. Is there a way that I can make these handy statuses viewable/editable to others? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2021

Hi @Dailin Garcia Young ,

There are three ways to add status sets:

• Personal status sets:
    • These sets are visible for the creator when inserting the macro and can be edited by the creator only
    • The macros are available for switching and copying for other users
  • Space status sets:
    • These sets are visible for all the users inserting the macro in the corresponding space; can be created and edited by users with space administrator's permissions
  • Global status sets:
    • These sets are visible for all the users, can be created and edited by Confluence Administrator

In your case, space or global status sets may work better than personal sets.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Dailin Garcia Young June 1, 2021

@Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_ thank you for the above details. I don't know if you know the answer to this, and I will check with them, but when I look undr handy status, I only see Global and Personal statuses. Do you know if this would just be a matter of our system admin enabling it? 

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2021

This is the expected behavior. If I understand your question correctly, you'll see the space status sets when you're editing a page from this specific space that the status set is created for.

Dailin Garcia Young June 4, 2021

Hi @Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_ when I go to edit the handy status today, all i can see are some listed under Global and then the ones that I have created. There is nothing showing "Space statuses". Would that be because the Space Status have not been enabled? I wanted to confirm that in fact that does come out of the box with confluence and its just a matter of our admin team enabling that so that I can see it and add Space statuses.

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2021

You need to be a space administrator to add status sets to spaces in the space tools:

2021-06-08_13h13_55.png

Space status sets looks the following way:

2021-06-08_13h14_52.png

Like Dailin Garcia Young likes this
Dailin Garcia Young June 8, 2021

@Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_  thank you so much for providing the screenshots above. Appreciate all your help.

Dailin Garcia Young August 4, 2021

HI @Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_ wondering if there is a way that our system admins could copy the handy status that I have created under "Personal Status" and copy them into the "Space Status" so that I don't have to recreate them manually?

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2021

@Dailin Garcia Young , There is no option to do this with the help of UI for now. But Confluence Administrator can do this manually. Please contact our Service Desk at tech-support@stiltsoft.com and I'll give you the detailed instructions.

Dailin Garcia Young August 6, 2021

@Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_ I have the following already opened regarding the Handy Statuses HANDY-111 . Are you able to use this one to provide the instructions?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events