Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to make Handy Statuses created by me editable/viewable by others

I have a template where I added Handy statuses to be used within my template and just realized that I am the only one that can edit them. Is there a way that I can make these handy statuses viewable/editable to others? 

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi @Dailin Garcia Young ,

There are three ways to add status sets:

• Personal status sets:
    • These sets are visible for the creator when inserting the macro and can be edited by the creator only
    • The macros are available for switching and copying for other users
  • Space status sets:
    • These sets are visible for all the users inserting the macro in the corresponding space; can be created and edited by users with space administrator's permissions
  • Global status sets:
    • These sets are visible for all the users, can be created and edited by Confluence Administrator

In your case, space or global status sets may work better than personal sets.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

@Natalie Paramonova _StiltSoft_ thank you for the above details. I don't know if you know the answer to this, and I will check with them, but when I look undr handy status, I only see Global and Personal statuses. Do you know if this would just be a matter of our system admin enabling it? 

This is the expected behavior. If I understand your question correctly, you'll see the space status sets when you're editing a page from this specific space that the status set is created for.

Hi @Natalie Paramonova _StiltSoft_ when I go to edit the handy status today, all i can see are some listed under Global and then the ones that I have created. There is nothing showing "Space statuses". Would that be because the Space Status have not been enabled? I wanted to confirm that in fact that does come out of the box with confluence and its just a matter of our admin team enabling that so that I can see it and add Space statuses.

You need to be a space administrator to add status sets to spaces in the space tools:

2021-06-08_13h13_55.png

Space status sets looks the following way:

2021-06-08_13h14_52.png

Like Dailin Garcia Young likes this

@Natalie Paramonova _StiltSoft_  thank you so much for providing the screenshots above. Appreciate all your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Miss the Confluence demos at Team 21? Watch them here!

Phew, Atlassian Team 2021 blew by. With dozens of demos and a handful of keynotes, you may have missed some of the awesome Confluence Cloud sessions. Don't' worry, you can watch them all here or on Y...

385 views 2 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you