How to make CRUD operations for the nested comments in particular page on confluence

karthick tgi January 16, 2019

Hello folks,

I need an API service for Nested comments (Comments -in - Comments) For Create, Update and Delete the nested comments in particular page for confluence.

If have please share with me.

Thanks 

Karthick

1 answer

1 vote
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2019

Hello Karthick,

This is an exciting concept to move comments within Confluence pages. You may access/view comments within a Confluence page via the API. Getting to the data will be a 2 step process. Here is the method I would use for this approach:

1. Call the GET /rest/api/content; this will allow you to have the Content ID you need for comments
  2. Pass the Content ID through to GET /rest/api/content/{id}/child/comment; this will allow you to have all comments within the Content ID page.

A drawback to this is there is no option within the endpoint to use methods such as POST or DELETE. Meaning, you will only be able to view already created comments within the Confluence pages.

Since you want to Create, Update, and Delete comments when chances are the Java API will better serve you. Here is the documentation for the Java API.

Alternatively, you may view marketplace add-ons to see if a solution there may suit your needs. Here is a preset search within the Atlassian Marketplace for comments.

I hope this provides some direction with your concept. When you have a solution figured out, please share with the rest of so we may learn from your endeavors.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events