How to loop through multi-select fields

Ralf Weidauer April 25, 2023

I have two forms where one contains a multi-select field referencing the other.

Say Form1 contains two fields, pkFld (containing unique values) and valFld (some description).

Form2 contains a Smart Multi-select field refFld (with "Reference to records"-option set) which allows to select one or more pkFld-values from Form1.

Now, when creating a new record in Form2 I would like to update the valFld in Form1 for all records referenced in the refFld. (this is just an example could also be creating a new page for all records referenced in the refFld)

How would I loop through the entries in the Multi-select field and perform the desired actions?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2023

Hi @Ralf Weidauer 

You can set up an Update by Filter IFTTT rule that will have a filtering expression as below

id:[entry.refFld.transform(id).join( OR id:)]

Alex

Ralf Weidauer April 26, 2023

Thanks a lot. I forgot about the join-function completely. Try to keep that in mind from now on.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2023

No worries :) Here to help and remind :)

Like Ralf Weidauer likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events