Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to list author, last update, labels together with table of contents macro

Ashish_Nimonkar May 4, 2020

I need to organize my space of pages and the space includes pages created by a big team. For that i want to list all the page's titles for the current space in the first column, the corresponding authors of pages in the second column, last updated in third, labels of pages in fourth, etc. 

By doing this, my team can give me inputs on the details of the pages created by them like adding labels in the label column for the pages.

I need to know if it is possible to insert a Table of contents macro in a column of a table.

Suggestions on any other ways of tackling this problem are welcome.

1 answer

1 vote
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2020

Hello @Ashish_Nimonkar !

As I understand, you need to display a specific set of properties from pages somewhere else. Currently, this is achievable by manually using a pair of macros:

• Page properties
  • Page properties report

With page properties you specify the properties for that specific page and with the Page properties report you will be able to display those properties somewhere else.

There are some caveats, however. Currently, we are not able to list labels from a page within itself. Only in Confluence Server we are able to achieve this via User Macros.

The same goes for Page author and last update date. Both should be manually updated by users.

Here is what I managed to create so I could exemplify the workflow:

Page Properties Report Page

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 14.51.15.png

Page Properties Pages

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 14.51.24.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-06 at 14.51.31.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-06 at 14.51.46.png

Here is what I did to achieve the above:

1. Create four pages
  2. Label three of them with the “new” label
  3. On the same three, inserted the Page Properties macro
  4. Inside the macro, I inserted a table with the desired information
  5. In the fourth page, I inserted the Page Properties Report macro
  6. Filtered the pages that should be shown to Current Space and having the “new” label

For the fictitious labels used as example, I used the Status macro. The updated date was inserted via the Date picker. The date picker can be used by typing //. And author was represented with a mention to the user who created the page.

Here is more information about the macros used:

I hope this helps! Looking forward to your reply.

Ashish_Nimonkar May 7, 2020

Hello @Diego

Thank you for the quick response and for a detailed answer. Actually, we have more than 100 pages in our space and adding page properties macro to each page would not be efficient. 

Is there a way to generate report in confluence cloud without creating page properties macro on each page?

Thanks,

Ashish Nimonkar.

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2020

Hello @Ashish_Nimonkar ! Thanks for keeping this thread alive.

As of today, there is no native way of creating those macros in multiple pages at the same time.

You might be able to find a suitable third-party alternative in our Application Marketplace. Here, take a look:

I hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events