It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to link to headings on the same page (new editor)

I have been unable to determine how to link to a heading on the same page using the new editor. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Charisma Riley 

I've found a solution, but this didn't work for me...

Try this out, which is explained here

Linkable headings
Over the next couple of weeks, we're rolling out the ability to copy the link to a heading so that you can connect your users to the most important sections of a page.  

To get the heading link

1. Hover over the section title when viewing the page.
  2. Click the link icon to copy the heading.
  3. Share the link, or insert a link to it when editing a page.

Edit: This behaviour works in view mode. so you have to copy the link in view mode and paste it in edit mode...

Regards, Dominic

It does work for me, but you must exit the editor, go to the published page, grab the heading url, go back into the editor, and then plug it in where it goes — for each and every link! This is *not* a viable alternative to using anchors.

Like Bianca_Paton likes this
Dominic_Lagger Community Leader Dec 14, 2019

I totally agree with you... There are a lot of users complaining this. Check out some other posts about anchors. 

Like # people like this

This is ridiculous and will take an enormous amount of time to undertake on some of our pages.  Have Atlassian responded with any suggested changes to improve this view / edit mode.

I might be crazy, but those "link icons" don't appear on any of our Confluence Cloud pages like the documentation says.  This makes it tough to copy the link...

Copy link works for me. The copy link appears only published pages.

1. Add all your heading.

2. Save the page.

3. Hower over the heading.

4. click on the copy link floating icon.

5 Go to edit mode, select the text to be a link, pres command + K and paste the link.

The way I have been doing it is, include a Table of Contents at the top, view the document in published/view mode and copy the link to the appropriate heading from the ToC and paste into the link.

Its clunky, but it works :|

Like Jake_Laack likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

109 views 3 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you