SPACE 1

Page 1

Anchor 1

SPACE 1

Page 2

Page 2.1

Page 2.1.1

(TEXT)

Now How to link TEXT in Page 2.1.1 with Anchor 1??

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2019

Per the docs here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/links-776656293.html:

Choose Link > Advanced then enter the anchor name in one of the formats below.

For an anchor on this page: #anchor name.

For an anchor on another page in this space: page name#anchor name.

For an Anchor on another page in another space: spacekey:page name#anchor name.

Mugdhita_Chaphekar_ January 18, 2019

"For an anchor on another page in this space: page name#anchor name."

I want answer for "how to link anchor of another sub-page in the same space?

Please mention only for sub-page as I am able to link with page anchors in same as well as in another space

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2019

If by sub-page you mean a child page, the instructions I gave are accurate. You just need the page name (the link does not reflect the page hierarchy). The hierarchy you see within Confluence is just the result of metadata, but the pages are stored flat (just look at the URL). This flat storage is also why all page names within a space must be unique.

Mugdhita_Chaphekar_ January 18, 2019

In that case, this solution doesn't work for me. It just take me to the child page to which the anchor belongs but doesn't fulfill the purpose of anchor. 

It doesn't direct to the heading where I had defined an anchor

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2019

In that case, there is something off in the link syntax. If you could put the storage view of both the link and the anchor, maybe something will pop out. Often the storage view can give more info when trying to diagnose a problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events